Readers ask: How To Style Spiky Hair?
How do I set my spiky hairstyle?
How to Create The Perfect Spiky Hairstyle
- Blow dry your hair straight.
- Note: If you have relaxed hair, apply a dime-size amount of a thick conditioner mixed with a quarter-size amount of medium-hold, non-alcohol gel on your hair before blowing it out.
- Mold your style into the desired spiky shape.
- Add some shine.
What can I use for spiky hair?
Recommended products to style spiky hair:
- Super-strong hair gel: the go-to product for spiky hair.
- Hair wax: great for shaping natural-looking spikes or for shaping them as sharply spiked as desired.
- Pomade: to be used if you want to give your spikes a high-shine look.
How do men get spiky hair?
Once you’ve got the right haircut, use a strong hold wax or matte pomade on 80% dry hair. Rub it in all over from the roots in an upward direction and use a pinching motion at the top if you want to create more defined spikes. Longer hair might need a little help with a hairdryer to get the volume right.
How do I get messy spiky hair?
The key to achieving contemporary spikes is to prep your hair (and then, get some help from strong-hold hairspray). The prep involves washing your hair and adding some quality hair mousse to help achieve the look. Shape your damp hair with a product – pomade or thick hair wax – and finish the look with some hairspray.
How do I make my hair look tousled?
How to get tousled hair using a curling wand
- Wash your hair. Tousled hair calls for volume, so begin this look by washing your hair with your favourite shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply heat protection spray.
- Dry your hair.
- Apply a sea salt spray.
- Curl your hair.
- Brush through your curls.
- Apply an oil.
- Final look.
How can I make my hair spiky without gel?
Hair Oil After you shampoo your hair, apply a little hair oil mixed with water and start making those spikes. Keep styling your hair into spikes till it dries. Once dried, you will see those sexy spikes.
What product makes hair Piecey?
Kenra Platinum Texturizing Taffy 13 is a creamy gel-type product that emulsifies when rubbed in hands to melt onto the hair. It creates a pliable style with separation and control without feeling stiff or sticky, and it can be used on damp or dry hair.
What type of hairstyle will suit me?
Best Haircuts for Face Shape
- Rectangle: Layered cuts, waves or curls, soft and romantic chignons, rounded fringes or curtain bangs.
- Oval: Blunt bobs and lobs with subtle layers, long waves or curls.
- Square: Side-parted styles, long and airy layers, short layered bobs, side-swept bangs.