Quick Answer: Which Sentence Properly Punctuates And Cites The Source Of Quoted Material In Apa Style?
- 1 How do you cite a quoted item in APA?
- 2 How do I cite a source in a quote?
- 3 What is an example of direct quotation?
- 4 What is APA Format example?
- 5 How do you cite a quote from a person from a website?
- 6 How do you write a citation?
- 7 What is needed to correctly cite information paraphrased from another source?
- 8 What is an example of quotation?
- 9 What is the correct form of direct quotation?
- 10 What is direct and indirect quotation?
- 11 What is proper APA format?
- 12 What is the APA citation format?
- 13 How do you write APA format?
How do you cite a quoted item in APA?
Quoting a Quote Citation
- List the original author’s last name.
- Include the date of publication of the original.
- Add ‘as cited in’ then the name of the work.
- Follow with the publishing date of the cited work.
- List the page the information can be found on.
How do I cite a source in a quote?
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the Works Cited list, such as quotation marks.
What is an example of direct quotation?
A direct quotation is a report of the exact words of an author or speaker and is placed inside quotation marks in a written work. For example, Dr. King said, ” I have a dream.”
What is APA Format example?
APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).
How do you cite a quote from a person from a website?
When citing a direct quote by someone who is not the author of the source, you should introduce the person in your writing, use double quotation marks for the quote, rather than the usual single quotation marks for direct quotes by the author of the source, and add the page number within the bracketed citation, or, for
How do you write a citation?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
What is needed to correctly cite information paraphrased from another source?
Works Quoted in Another Source
- Sometimes an author of a book, article or website will mention another person’s work by using a quotation or paraphrased idea from that source.
- The basic rule is that in both your References list and in-text citation you will still cite Kirkey.
- You will add the words “qtd.
What is an example of quotation?
An example of a quotation is when you take a passage from Shakespeare and repeat it as written without changing any of the words. An example of a quotation for a stock is the price of $24.56-$24.58.
What is the correct form of direct quotation?
The most accurate form of direct quotation is: He said, “I am a student.” So option (e) is the correct choice. * The first option is incorrect because the full stop is given outside of the quotation, so the sentence is incomplete. * The second option has incorrect spelling of the word student.
What is direct and indirect quotation?
A direct quote (or direct quotation) is the exact words taken from an original source and used in a second piece of writing. An indirect quote (or indirect quotation) is the idea or fact taken from an outside source and used in a second piece of writing.
What is proper APA format?
Throughout your paper, you need to apply the following APA format guidelines:
- Set page margins to 1 inch on all sides.
- Double-space all text, including headings.
- Indent the first line of every paragraph 0.5 inches.
- Use an accessible font (e.g., Times New Roman 12pt., Arial 11pt., or Georgia 11pt.).
What is the APA citation format?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, like, for example, (Jones, 1998). One complete reference for each source should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you write APA format?
General APA Guidelines Your essay should be typed and double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″), with 1″ margins on all sides. You should use a clear font that is highly readable. APA recommends using 12 pt. Times New Roman font.