Question: If You Select Text And Apply A Linked Style What Happens?
- 1 What happens when you select text and start typing new text?
- 2 How can you apply a style to a selected text?
- 3 How does a document theme differ from style?
- 4 Which of the following will select text?
- 5 Which key deletes text directly behind the cursor?
- 6 What is the use of styles in a document?
- 7 Which option is used to change the style of the text?
- 8 How do you apply styles in a document?
- 9 Why would you use a document theme?
- 10 Which is the first step to apply character formats?
- 11 Is used to add special text effects to your document?
- 12 Which is the special effect applied on text?
- 13 How do you use text effects?
What happens when you select text and start typing new text?
If you want to edit text you have typed, click in the text to place the cursor anywhere in the document. When you begin typing, the new text will be entered at the cursor point, pushing out any existing text to the right.
How can you apply a style to a selected text?
To apply a style:
- Select the text you want to format, or place your cursor at the beginning of the line.
- In the Styles group on the Home tab, click the More drop-down arrow.
- Select the desired style from the drop-down menu.
- The text will appear in the selected style.
How does a document theme differ from style?
How does a document theme differ from a style? A theme applies an overall design to a document, with no requirement that any text is selected. A style applies formatting characteristics to selected text or to a current paragraph.
Which of the following will select text?
Press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to select all text in the document.
Which key deletes text directly behind the cursor?
The Backspace key has one function: delete text to the left of the cursor. In some Internet browsers, you can also press the Backspace key to go back to the previous page.
What is the use of styles in a document?
Styles allow you to easily apply consistent formatting to documents, as well as to quickly change existing formatting. In addition, the use of styles provides a structure to your document that can be discerned by a screen reader.
Which option is used to change the style of the text?
Answer: Font style option is to change the style..
How do you apply styles in a document?
Styles give your document a consistent, professional look.
- Select the text you want to format. Tip: If you place your cursor in a paragraph, the style is applied to the whole paragraph.
- On the Home tab, point to a style to preview it. Tip: If you don’t see a style you want, click the More button.
- Select a style.
Why would you use a document theme?
Changing a Document’s Theme. You can enhance the look of a document by applying one of Word’s pre-defined themes. A theme is a combination of colors, fonts, and effects that project a certain feeling or tone.
Which is the first step to apply character formats?
Select the Text
- Select the Text. When you want to format characters, select the characters first.
- When you select text with your mouse, Word displays the mini toolbar (see. Edit Text).
- Choose a Format.
- Select a Font.
- Change the Point Size.
- Apply a New Color.
- Display the Font Dialog Box.
- Select the Formatting.
Is used to add special text effects to your document?
Clip art consists of illustrations and effects which are strictly drawn by hand and not made by any computer software and are quite helpful for adding special text effects to our documents.
Which is the special effect applied on text?
In addition to formatting changes we previously discussed in Fonts, you can also apply effects to text with the Text Effects option. This was known as WordArt in previous versions of Word. You can add shadows, bevels, reflections, and much more. The Text Effects button is in the Font group of the ribbon.
How do you use text effects?
Add an effect to text
- Select the text that you want to add an effect to.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click Text Effect.
- Click the effect that you want. For more choices, point to Outline, Shadow, Reflection, or Glow, and then click the effect that you want to add.