Question: How To Style Box Braids With A Scarf Step By Step?
How do you style box braids with a scarf?
- Apply some hair mousse to your braids to remove any frizz.
- Roll your scarf into a band and wrap it around the back of your head.
- Tie the scarf in the front once.
- Twist the scarf all the way down until you reach the end.
- Take the twist and roll it around itself until it forms a knot on the top of your head.
Why are they called box braids?
Hair-braiding styles were used to help differentiate tribes, locations, and also possibly a symbol of wealth and power due to the amount of effort that went into styling braids. Box braids were not given a specific name until the 1990s when popularized by R&B musician Janet Jackson, but have been used for years.
Is 50 too old for braids?
Braids long have been the exclusive domain of youth, but the truth is, if done right, braids are an interesting-and free-hair accessory, even for women over 50 and especially in summer.
What are Goddess braids?
Goddess braids are essentially thicker cornrows. They’re bigger in size, raised higher, and are also braided closely to your scalp. They can be styled in so many ways for every occasion; you can go from the gym, straight to work, then out to drinks, all while protecting your hair and looking superchic.