Question: How To Style Awkward Stage Hair?
- 1 How long does the awkward stage last for hair?
- 2 What does the awkward hair stage look like?
- 3 How can I speed up hair growth?
- 4 How long does it take to grow hair 12 inches?
- 5 What is awkward length hair?
- 6 Should you cut in the awkward stage?
- 7 What is awkward length natural hair?
- 8 How can I grow my hair faster in a week?
- 9 How often should you cut your hair to make it grow faster?
How long does the awkward stage last for hair?
The awkward stage of hair growth is that 5 to 8 month period of time when you have started growing your hair out and it is just a mess.
What does the awkward hair stage look like?
The “awkward stage” occurs when you have decided that you no longer want short hair and you will instead grow it out. Everyone’s awkward stage is a bit different depending on their styles, but inevitably, you will find that your hair looks shaggy, uneven, or simply messy at some point in the process.
How can I speed up hair growth?
Let’s look at 10 steps that may help your hair grow faster and stronger.
- Avoid restrictive dieting.
- Check your protein intake.
- Try caffeine-infused products.
- Explore essential oils.
- Boost your nutrient profile.
- Indulge in a scalp massage.
- Look into platelet-rich plasma treatment (PRP)
- Hold the heat.
How long does it take to grow hair 12 inches?
How long does it take to grow long hair? According to the CDC, scalp hair grows an average of one-half inch per month. If your hair is two inches long and you’re aiming for shoulder length (about 12 inches) growth, that adds up to a little less than two years to reach your goal.
What is awkward length hair?
The awkward stage can take many shapes and forms, but the generally accepted definition for awkward length hair is from the point when it starts to look like you need a haircut until the the time you can tie it up. It starts when you start to look shaggy, not so neat and tidy, a little unkempt.
Should you cut in the awkward stage?
So, should you cut in the awkward stage? The short answer is yes. It will be a different type of cut depending on your hair type, where you’re at and where you’re trying to be, but generally there is a good trimming strategy for most guys suffering with awkward stage hair.
What is awkward length natural hair?
When I finally big chopped after 11 months of transitioning to natural hair, I found myself in the mist of what many of us refer to as the “awkward stage” of my natural hair journey. This is the point in which your hair is no longer considered a twa, but it’s not quite shoulder length either.
How can I grow my hair faster in a week?
15 Simple Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Longer, Faster, According to Experts
- Get frequent trims.
- Resist the urge to go blonde.
- Distribute your hair’s natural oils.
- Eat the right foods.
- Add a vitamin to your a.m. routine.
- Skip the daily shampoo.
- Hydrate and condition your hair frequently.
How often should you cut your hair to make it grow faster?
Hairstylist Lisa Huff recommends trimming between a quarter to half an inch off the hair every 12 weeks if growing it out. Doing it more often won’t make your hair grow any quicker. Strands only grow approximately a half inch every month, per the American Academy of Dermatology.