Often asked: How To Style A Curly Pixie Cut?
Does a pixie cut work with curly hair?
A curly pixie cut is a short haircut for women with naturally curly hair that’s cropped into layers, creating a tousled effect. Pixies are great short haircuts for curly hair as they are lower maintenance and let you embrace your natural hair texture -without the weight of having long locks.
Can you get a pixie cut with thick curly hair?
Pixies with shaved sides and longer hair work very well for curly hair, as it makes a light structure and creates a great contrast. When you have thick hair, it makes sense to make yourself a pixie haircut, as it will help you use their volume correctly.
Should curly hair have layers?
Curly hair needs layers to move. Cutting vertical layers, and then going back in and cutting individual curls to break it up and give the hair some movement is best. This technique breaks up the layering, so the hair doesn’t have any strong or hard lines in it.
What type of hairstyle will suit me?
Best Haircuts for Face Shape
- Rectangle: Layered cuts, waves or curls, soft and romantic chignons, rounded fringes or curtain bangs.
- Oval: Blunt bobs and lobs with subtle layers, long waves or curls.
- Square: Side-parted styles, long and airy layers, short layered bobs, side-swept bangs.
What is a messy bob?
A messy bob is a short-length haircut styled with a lot of texture. It’s a trendy way to give your locks a makeover. Say no to limp and lifeless hair forever! Before getting messy bob hairstyles, consider these three questions to answer with your stylist, says stylist Teddi Bickers of Indiana.
How do you get the Piecey pixie look?
How to Get a Piecey Pixie Haircut
- Step #1: Crop your hair.
- Step #2: Protect your hair from heat.
- Step #3: Blow-dry your hair.
- Step #4: Work hair texturizer through your hair.
- Step #5: Tousle and shape.
- Step #6: Add more hair texturizer and adjust.
- Step #7: Spritz with hair spray.