Often asked: How To Style A Bedside Table?
- 1 What should I put on my bedside table?
- 2 How do you decorate the top of a nightstand?
- 3 How far away from bed should nightstand be?
- 4 How do I choose a bedside table lamp?
- 5 What can you put on top of a nightstand to protect it?
- 6 How can I make my nightstand look cute?
- 7 How high should mirror be above nightstand?
- 8 Should a nightstand be taller than the bed?
- 9 Do you need 2 bedside tables?
- 10 Is it better to have a high or low bed?
- 11 Should a bedside lamp be higher than the headboard?
- 12 What is the correct height for bedside table lamps?
- 13 Can buffet lamps be used in bedroom?
What should I put on my bedside table?
10 Essentials You Should Always Have on Your Bedside Table
- Add a Bedside Lamp. Rivet Gold Table Lamp.
- Relax with Essential Oils. Vitruvi Stone Diffuser.
- Hit Snooze. Charlie Gold Alarm Clock.
- Make Your Tissues Chicer.
- Stash a Sleep Mask.
- Add a Phone Stand (and Fresh Flowers)
- Use a Catchall Tray.
- Curl Up With a Good Book.
How do you decorate the top of a nightstand?
Add a set of 2-3 frames with your own art or photography or add artwork that embodies the color palette of the room in a subtle way. Add fresh or faux floral to liven up the look and give it life. If you use art above the nightstand slide the lamp to the left or right of the art piece so you can see all its beauty…
How far away from bed should nightstand be?
Your bedside table should be within reach of your bed. Spacing in a room is important, so it should be at least one or two inches from the side of your bed, level with your mattress, or a few inches taller. However, it can be further depending on your reach and your personal design preferences.
How do I choose a bedside table lamp?
For a rough rule of thumb, your nightstand should measure between one-third and two-thirds the width of your mattress, and the bedside lamp should be roughly one-third the width of the nightstand when measured at the lamp’s widest point (usually the base of the shade).
What can you put on top of a nightstand to protect it?
A protective pad or mat will protect your dresser top from scratches and stains. A glass or acrylic sheet will serve a similar purpose without obscuring the top of your dresser.
How can I make my nightstand look cute?
How To Style Your Nightstand:
- Start with the 2 basic essentials: a lamp and books. Every nightstand needs lighting and books.
- Add your organic or natural element. I am stickler when it comes to adding a natural element.
- Place a leaning or hanging piece of art / mirror.
- Then add the smalls.
How high should mirror be above nightstand?
The ideal space between a mirror and the furniture below it is six to eight inches if your furniture is approximately 35 inches high. If the height of your furniture is below 35 inches, then an eight to 12-inch space is ideal.
Should a nightstand be taller than the bed?
As a general rule of thumb, the top of your nightstand should be level with the top of your mattress, or about 2-4” taller. It’s much easier for somebody to reach above to grab something when they’re laying on the bed, as opposed to reaching below.
Do you need 2 bedside tables?
You really need two bedside tables if you want to balance the look and aesthetics of your room. A single bedside table can provide focus and accent to a room. Whereas two bedside tables that are of different styles can add a unique look to a bedroom.
Is it better to have a high or low bed?
While a lower bed gives the appearance of more space, a taller bed looks more cohesive in a room with high ceilings. For design purposes, lower beds better suit contemporary and modern decor, while taller beds complement a traditional or a modern-glam aesthetic.
Should a bedside lamp be higher than the headboard?
As a general rule of thumb, the lamp must at least occupy one-third of the top of your bedside table. It’s not a set rule though and you may find tables 2 inches higher or lower than the bed level. Whatever the height of your bedside table, it will affect the height of your lamp too.
What is the correct height for bedside table lamps?
The sweet spot for bedside lamps is 24 to 27 inches tall.
Can buffet lamps be used in bedroom?
Buffet lamps, as their name suggest, can be used on a buffet, some lowish chests, bedroom dressers, pedestals, hall console tables( credenza), and on sofa tables, etc. This is especially important if you use them in a room where you also have table and floor lamps.