How To Style A Bookshelf?
- 1 How do you make a stylish bookshelf?
- 2 How do you arrange bookshelves beautifully?
- 3 What do you use to decorate a bookshelf?
- 4 How do you decorate a bookshelf at home?
- 5 How do you style a bookshelf like a pro?
- 6 How do I maximize bookshelf space?
- 7 What your bookshelf says about you?
- 8 How do you style a modern bookshelf?
- 9 What should I display on shelves?
- 10 What do you put on top of a tall bookshelf?
How do you make a stylish bookshelf?
9 Ideas For Creating A Stylish Bookshelf
- Create A Grid. Rather than randomly placing things on your shelves, create a grid in your mind and place books and objects in the spaces of the grid.
- Accent Pieces Of Varying Heights.
- Picture Frames.
- Color Blocking.
- Beautiful Books.
- Keep It Odd.
- Don’t Fear White Space.
How do you arrange bookshelves beautifully?
The basic rule of thumb for decorating bookshelves: one-third books, one-third accessories, and one-third empty space per shelf. If you’re short on storage, fill the bottom shelf with identical boxes or baskets. Organize 60 percent of books vertically and 40 percent horizontally to create both balance and spontaneity.
What do you use to decorate a bookshelf?
What to Put on a Bookshelf
- Books: The number one item is, obviously, books.
- Artwork: Bookshelves are great places to display small pieces of art, such as paintings.
- Photo frames: Small photo frames can be easily layered in front of books to create depth and add a personal touch.
How do you decorate a bookshelf at home?
Lean artwork along the back of the shelves, and anchor them with books or heavier objects. To decorate the bookcase, place a few small pieces of art near the front of the shelves to give them depth. Bulky vases or decorative plates can hide their heft behind small frames without losing their uniqueness.
How do you style a bookshelf like a pro?
Design How-to: 9 Tips to Style Your Bookshelves Like a Pro!
- Do Judge the Book by its Cover.
- Don’t Forget About Bookends!
- Add Wallpaper or Paint.
- Mix Up Book Placement.
- Color-Block: Arrange Books and Decor by Color!
- Add Framed Artwork.
How do I maximize bookshelf space?
There are some ways you can maximize the space on your shelves, too:
- Go horizontal.
- Use your shelves for support.
- Use books usefully.
- Stack books in unused spaces—under beds, in empty drawers, under coffee tables.
- Hang shelves from any space that’s not being used.
What your bookshelf says about you?
Your bookshelf is an intimate physical representation of your accomplishments (titles as trophies earned), aspirations (that ever growing to-read pile), associations (that book your boss gave to each employee), personal development (those self-help titles that urged you to talk to strangers), guilty pleasures (50
How do you style a modern bookshelf?
How To Style Your Bookshelves Like A Pro
- Start with books, mixing vertical rows with horizontal stacks.
- Choose sculptural forms that will stand out against the background of the shelves.
- Layer in artwork and/or framed photos.
- Place smaller objects atop of stacks of books, or to fill in where needed.
What should I display on shelves?
I like to change things up and style my shelves every other weekend.
- Tell your story.
- Vary the heights of objects.
- Work with varying textures.
- Not just books.
- Work with negative space.
- Odd numbers.
- Keep it interesting.
- Use the vertical wall space.
What do you put on top of a tall bookshelf?
The easiest way to add interest to the top of a bookcase in a den or family room is to add greenery, reveals Book Riot. Explore silk plants that will give you the look of real without the worry of light and water. Look for greenery that not only extends upwards but that can drape over the sides.