Ac/dc Was Influenced By Which Earlier Style Of Music?
- 1 Which song by Yes gave the band its first ever number one single?
- 2 Which album from the 1980s is the best selling album in the history of the music business?
- 3 Which Police album is based on the psychological?
- 4 Who owns the Yes name?
- 5 What are the Top 5 selling albums of all time?
- 6 Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
- 7 Why did the police name their album Synchronicity?
- 8 Which band wore makeup outrageous clothes and heavily teased hair quizlet?
- 9 What was the first successful all female new wave band?
- 10 Which singer had a hit song with a cover of Otis Reddings?
- 11 What police album is based on the psychological writings of Carl Jung?
- 12 How are Foreigner’s early albums influenced by progressive rock?
Which song by Yes gave the band its first ever number one single?
“Owner of a Lonely Heart” was released in October 1983, as the album’s first single. It was a commercial success in the United States, becoming the band’s first and only single to reach No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and its Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.
Which album from the 1980s is the best selling album in the history of the music business?
Thirty-six years ago, Michael Jackson released an album that cemented his status as the world’s biggest pop star. “Thriller,” released on November 30, 1982, went on to become the world’s best-selling music album in history.
Which Police album is based on the psychological?
Like it’s predecessor, ‘Ghost In The Machine’, the ‘Synchronicity’ album was recorded on Montserrat although writing for the album started as early as 1982 when Sting was staying in Jamaica. The band gathered on Montserrat in December 1982 along with producer Hugh Padgham they each brought their own songs.
Who owns the Yes name?
Yes fired Anderson in 2008 while he was recovering from acute respiratory failure. But as one of two founding band members, Anderson claimed ownership of the name reverted to him after Squire’s death in 2015. “I owned the name and Chris Squire and Alan White owned the name,” Anderson said.
What are the Top 5 selling albums of all time?
Check out the 50 best-selling albums of all time:
- Eagles — “Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975)”
- Michael Jackson — “Thriller”
- Eagles — “Hotel California”
- AC/DC — “Back In Black”
- The Beatles — “The Beatles” (“The White Album”)
- Billy Joel — “Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Volume 2”
- Led Zeppelin — “Led Zeppelin IV”
Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
1. The Beatles — 183 million units. 3
Why did the police name their album Synchronicity?
Recording. The album’s title was inspired by Arthur Koestler’s The Roots of Coincidence. Frontman Sting was an avid reader of Koestler, and also titled the Police’s prior album Ghost in the Machine after one of his works.
Which band wore makeup outrageous clothes and heavily teased hair quizlet?
Mötley Crüe. Which band wore makeup, outrageous clothes, and heavily teased hair? Which heavy metal group was the first to reach megastar success?
What was the first successful all female new wave band?
Singer Olivia Newton-John transformed her image in the 1980s into a more aggressive and sensual one; The Go-Gos became the first successful all-female new wave group, and lead singer Belinda Carlisle also had hits as a solo artist.
Which singer had a hit song with a cover of Otis Reddings?
Sting recorded a laid-back cover of Otis Redding’s “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay.” The release marks the first installment of the Alzheimer’s Association’s “Music Moments,” a project where artists tackle songs they appreciate on an emotional level.
What police album is based on the psychological writings of Carl Jung?
Another band from the 1980s that had a reputation for thought-provoking lyrics was The Police, especially their albums “The Ghost in the Machine,” based on the writings of Arthur Koestler, and “Synchronicity,” based on the works of Carl Jung.
How are Foreigner’s early albums influenced by progressive rock?
How are foreigners early albums influenced by progressive rock? Foreigner took guitar and vocal influences from rhythm and blues and combined them with a progressive rock keyboard style. What band had a successful cover of the Kinks’ ‘You Really Got Me”? Andy Warhol produced an album for what band?